This was such a simple project and it turned out so cute I had to share. Here are the details...
First prime the wood with a black primer, then add a few coats of the spray on "make it chalkboard" paint. This stuff is great! It did bubble a few times and I had to sand it a little and spray it again, but it turned out pretty smooth. The edges soaked up the primer so I added a few extra coats and then painted them with a sponge brush and some black craft paint. That seemed to do the trick.
Attach some scrap PP on the bottom half. I used some valentine scraps of Basic Gray and some good old ModPodge.
Wrap the ribbon all the way around to cover the seam where the paper meets the paint, and over lapped them a little on the side where you plan to embellish.
Then embellish! The "home" embellishment I used is actually a wooden piece that I had in one of my chipboard drawers, but it was out of the package so I have no idea who it's by. If you know, please leave me a comment! :) It's dressed up a little with a few primas and buttons. That's it!
After it was painted and dried, it seriously only took about twenty minutes! I think the hardest part was choosing which primas to use! Hope you enjoy! If you try this one out, please send me a link! I'd love to see it!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Posted by nap time stamper at 9:44 PM